SOMA Skin & Laser – COVID-19 Information
Updated November 24, 2020
We are open for medical and cosmetic appointments in person and by telemedicine.
Our estheticians are also taking appointments for most procedures, following strict protocols.
Like everyone we are concerned with the impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community. We have taken steps to identify patients who may be at risk of carrying the COVID-19 virus and to prevent transmission to others, but we can only reduce and not eliminate this risk.
Please observe the following when planning your appointment.
- If you have any symptoms of cold, flu or respiratory illness, do not come to our office. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to assist you.
- Only children or elderly patients requiring assistance are permitted to have a caregiver or companion accompany them. In this case one caregiver will be permitted. All other patients should come to appointments on their ow.
- If you have traveled internationally, traveled on any cruise ship, have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, or you are experiencing fever, fatigue, cough, shortness of breath, or any other illness or symptoms, email us for assistance.
- Only three patients are allowed in the waiting room at a time. You may be asked to wait in your car until you are called to come in.
- If you are elderly or have underlying health problems, and your visit is non-urgent, please do not come in for your appointment. You can email us for assistance.
- Masks are required to be worn in the office.
- Please wash your hands or use sanitizer as soon as practical after entering the office.
In addition to the above, we have implemented the following changes:
- All of our staff wear surgical masks for patient encounters.
- We have increased our cleaning frequency and wipe down surfaces, handles etc…frequently
- Doors are left open, so that handles do not need to be touched.
- Any SOMA Skin & Laser employees that are sick are required to stay home.
- We screen all patients over the phone for risk factors for COVID-19 and travel history.
- We screen patients in the office for risk factors for COVID-19 exposure or symptoms.
- Temperature is taken upon arrival.
Our hours may be reduced in the future, or we may even be required to close. If that is the case, we will post that news on this page, send out an email, and post it on our social media. In the event that we need to close, we will continue to check messages or have calls transferred, and check emails, so that we can respond to refill requests, lab results, and other inquiries.