SOMA Skin & Laser – COVID-19 Information
We remain open for medical appointments in person and by telemedicine. Please see below for further details.
We also now offer COVID19 Antibody Testing blood draw in our office.
SOMA Skin & Laser remains open for medical appointments on a very limited basis. If you cannot reach us on the phone, leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible. For fastest results email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are not seeing patients who only require a cosmetic visit.
You can also book a telemedicine visit at SOMA Skin & Laser or telephone calls (if video is not required). Let the receptionist know that you are booking a telemedicine visit when you call.
Like everyone we are concerned with the impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community. We have taken steps to identify patients who may be at risk of carrying the COVID-19 virus and to prevent transmission to others, but we can only reduce and not eliminate this risk.
We remain open and able to provide dermatology services to those in need, but executive orders from the state, county, or township may require us to close, limit hours, or eliminate services.
- Effective 8PM March 19 our spa services are suspended.
- This includes all esthetician services.
- We are also suspending all visits that are solely for cosmetic purpose.
- We remain open for medical visits, though our hours may be reduced.
Please observe the following when planning your appointment.
- If you have any symptoms of cold, flu or respiratory illness, do not come to our office. You can email us at email@example.com and we will do our best to assist you.
- Only children or elderly patients requiring assistance are permitted to have a caregiver or companion accompany them. In this case one caregiver will be permitted. All other patients should come to appointments on their ow.
- If you have traveled internationally, traveled on any cruise ship, have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, or you are experiencing fever, fatigue, cough or shortness of breath, email us for assistance.
- Only three patients are allowed in the waiting room at a time. You may be asked to wait in your car until you are called to come in.
- If you are elderly or have underlying health problems, and your visit is non-urgent, please do not come in for your appointment. You can email us for assistance.
- If you have a surgical face mask, please wear it to your appointment.
- Please wash your hands or use sanitizer as soon as practical after entering the office.
In addition to the above, we have implemented the following changes:
- All of our staff wear surgical masks for patient encounters.
- We have increased our cleaning frequency and wipe down surfaces, handles etc…frequently
- Doors are left open, so that handles do not need to be touched.
- Any SOMA Skin & Laser employees that are sick are required to stay home.
- We screen all patients over the phone for risk factors for COVID-19 and travel history.
Our hours may be reduced in the future, or we may even be required to close. If that is the case, we will post that news on this page, send out an email, and post it on our social media. In the event that we need to close, we will continue to check messages or have calls transferred, and check emails, so that we can respond to refill requests, lab results, and other inquiries.